Sunday, November 19, 2017

5 Benefits of Establishing a Vocal Practice Routine




If you are passionate about singing, either as a hobbyist or a professional, establishing a healthy and consistent vocal routine is a MUST. You may or may not already know that as a singer your voice is your instrument. And of course, your most valuable asset.
Regardless of your level of expertise, being mindful about how you treat your voice and taking care of it will do you a huge favor.
After all, if you want a sexy body, you won’t hesitate to hit the gym, will you? So why not do it for your sexy voice, as well.
It is important that you don't only use it before a public performance. It should become your habit, as it brings a lot of benefits to your development as a singer. Here are the top 5 benefits I got from establishing a vocal routine.

      1. Posture and Breath Support. 
Since I made vocal practice part of my daily routine, my posture has improved significantly, because it is something I pay particular attention to during my practice session, as it directly influences the toning.
Breath is another essential factor in singing, so developing a solid breath support is a key element. It is not a rocket science and is achievable with practice and consistency.

2.Technique.
Technique is pretty much what makes the difference between a professional and  an amateur. It is important to both keep your voice from damage and perfect your pitch, sound and toning.
And it is definitely one of the most valuable benefits of practicing consistently.

3.Ear Training.
Needless to say, ear training is as essential as oxygen for every musician. And every practice session adds up to your musical ear.

      4.Vocal Health.
When I was in my early teens, I used to suffer severe throat soreness, and even voice loss. I consulted several physicians without any significant result. The one who did help me figure out these issues was my vocal coach. So establishing my vocal routine not only helped me strengthen my voice, improve my pitch and technique, but it also benefited my health.

5. Confidence.
Observing your progress after each practice session and building up your skills greatly contribute to your confidence as a musician.

This upcoming week, I am starting a 5 day challenge here on the blog to help you establish your own customized vocal routine in bite-sized, result-driven steps. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment